So what is a Crazy Albuquerque Real Estate Blog-a-Thon you ask? 100 posts and pages in 31 days here on AREB. I am the creator, writer and lone participant (no one else is crazy enough to even try this). Here’s the first post that explains more if you care to read.
Let the Day 14 Bullets begin!
- We’ve nearly hit the Ides of January and I’m feeling pretty good about my silly idea to do a Crazy Albuquerque Real Estate Blog-a-Thon. Web traffic is starting to soar, and GoogleAnalytics tells me people are actually reading the daily bullets, which surprises me a little bit.
- I know I could increase views even more if I had the time to promote my posts in social media better. Maybe you can help me out and if you see anything that you think is interesting you could tweet it out for me? Or share it on LinkedIn or Google+? An especially big favor would be for you to stop using Facebook entirely because Facebook stinks. And it’s about to get even worse.
- It’s going to get even more spammy and hard
to break through the noise because internet marketers and Realtors are learning that Facebook ads work. So if you live in a desirable area or are a member of a desirable demographic, just wait! Think the amount of ads are already annoying? You aint seen nothin’ yet ba-ba-ba-ba bee, you aint seen nothin’ yet. They got you to sign up, give them all your information, and you did it willingly, and now they are using it to sell you stuff. So did I. Duh.
- Redfin is coming to Albuquerque this month. If you don’t know what tha even means I wouldn’t be surprised. Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, where do they get these silly names for the real estate portals? All you Realtors using domain names like YourCity.com and YourNeighborhood.com notice how the big portals don’t use keyword rich domains? Notice how the big brands use their own names like eXpRealty.com and REMAX.com. Next time you buy a domain resist the temptation to buy a keyword stuffed domain. Visit my website AlbuquerqueRealEstatePlace.com. Dang, I did it too…
- When I published Don’t Call the Cops, I’m Just Trying to Sell Your House it was the first time in a while that I posted anything to the /richs-opinion/ category here on AlbquerqueRealEstateBuzz.com. Part of this blog challenge is to reinvigorate this site which I’d been neglecting for the last year.
- One thing I can’t seem to get around to is adding category descriptions and introductions. Category pages are where old posts go to die, to be archived (wait, I should say it’s where they live on forever!). When you blog and you start to get a lot of pages, I think it makes sense to leverage your categories by SEOing them in addition to pages and posts. It’s something I’ve been doing instinctively on YouTube with my playlists, which are just like categories.
- Speaking of YouTube, have you subscribed to my YouTube channel? I think I still have about 15 videos in the can waiting to be published, that’s one for each remaining day this month. Should I publish them all at once? I can’t decide what’s best to do with them, publish them all at once or dribble them out over time. I’m afraid to admit the decision to release them slowly over time is more of a time consideration than it is a brilliant marketing strategy.
- Oops, I almost forget to mention, I also published a MLS Area 120 Google Map yesterday. It’s not 100% finished, and it’s a little ugly, but click on the little red map icons.
- We had a quarter of an inch of snow this morning, so the kids are on a two-hour delay. As I said in my post 7 Things You Need to Know if You Are Moving to New Mexico, the state of New Mexico only owns one snowplow and it only works in odd-numbered years. This is 2015, and I spotted it yesterday!
Thanks for joining me today!
Let’s see, the tally so far is 55 posts and pages here on the Crazy Albuquerque Real Estate Blog-a-Thon. Pretty amazing, it’s a good thing I have that free refillable Starbucks coffee mug because it’s getting a lot of use!
by Albuquerque Real Estate Agent Rich Cederberg, eXp Realty (505) 803-5012.