Another day has come and gone on the Blog-a-Thon. It has been a busy few days for me with appointments and everything, but the next few days are more manageable. Let the weekend onslaught begin!
Here are the Day 9 Bullets:
- If you’re not familiar with eXp Realty, then you haven’t been paying attention. Although we’ve only been here in Albuquerque for 3 years, we already have over 50 agents in Albuquerque. That’s bigger than more companies in town. Heck, it’s bigger than most of the RE/MAX individual offices. eXp is an agent-owned real estate brokerage. I am an owner, but I am not the only one! We’re in 29 states plus Canada, and I’m sure we’ll be opening up in new states soon. If you’re an Albuquerque real setate agent and you want to learn more visit my YouTube channel.
- There was some big industry news recently when it was announced that ListHub, the listing syndication service that pushed house listings out to Zillow, is going to stop doing that in April. Many real estate agents are unhappy with Zillow because Zillow takes their listings, puts them on their website and then charges the agent for additional features. Most agents preface their arguments by saying they take “My Listings,” which is arrogant in my opinion. The listing really belongs to the property owner, all we agents ever have the exclusive right to sell the property. I’ll have more on this later.
- One of the biggest mistakes that home buyers and sellers make is that they don’t speak to a Realtor early enough in the home buying or selling process. I hear people say “I didn’t want to bother you yet.” I take my job as a real estate agent seriously, and I consider myself a real estate consultant, not s salesperson. One of the most important times to speak to me is when you’re thinking about selling your home. That’s why I wrote this post “Selling Your House in 2015? We Need to Talk Now!“
- Loma Colorado in Rio Rancho is a huge housing project that’s been selling well since it started in 2007. We’re starting to see some significant resale activity in the neighborhood. Read about it here.
- Yesterday I published a video “I Take Marketing Properties Online Seriously.“
Frequently when I do the market reports I’m revising the home search page that goes with it. It’s part of the behind the scenes work that’s going on here while I do the blog-a-thon. I’m rearranging my categories and adding category descriptions too. I think I’ve been underestimating the power of categories…
Check back, there will be lots of posts over the next three days here on AlbuquerqueRealEstateBuzz.com
by Rich Cederberg, eXp Realty, (505) 803-5012.