This is a really good video that explains what home staging is, but it also gives some great tips on making your home ready to sell. Please watch, and for more information please visit Karen’s Website.
Here are some key tips from the video:
- The way we live in our homes is very different than the way we list and sell our properties.
- If you’re using a room in your home for something other than it’s original purpose (like using a bedroom as a media room or an office) you should change it back when you go to sell.
- Personal color choices and bold color choices and wall paper should be removed and returned to a neutral color palette.
- Remove even minor objections like holes in the wall and those little fixes you have been putting off.
- Make a plan for what to do with your pets when you’re showing your home.